|Call of Duty: World at War|
|Fire Mode||Double Action (semi-automatic)|
|Cost||950 (Mystery Box)|
In Nazi Zombies, it is a powerful weapon being able to kill up to 3 zombies in one shot. It is extremely common to find in early rounds to rack up points for a better weapon. The recoil is reduced compared to multiplayer and the reload time remains unchanged. It is an ideal backup gun for Hellhounds. The only drawbacks are that it reloads every six shots, possibly costing you your life and its one shot killing power is lost at Round 15.
It is one of the greatest weapons for covering windows whilst camping. Apart from the Wonder Weapons it is second only to the Double-Barreled Shotgun, stronger even than the M1897 Trench Gun in some cases.
In multiplayer you can fire the .357 Magnum Revolver as fast as you can, but in Nazi Zombies the fire rate has been capped, although this can somewhat be fixed with Double Tap Root Beer.
.357 Plus 1 Kil-uEdit
.357 Magnum vs .357 Plus 1 K1l-uEdit
- There is a dot barely visible on the Magnum's iron sights, much like the orange line on the Springfield.
- The iron sights of the .357 Magnum (PS3, Xbox 360, and PC versions) do not look the same on the Wii version.
- The reload animation shows the player character dumping all of the cartridges (which are always shown as empty casings) onto the ground and inserting a speedloader, even if there are still unfired cartridges in the cylinder.
- This weapon is one of the six sidearms available for use in Nazi Zombies, the others being the Colt M1911, Ray Gun, Winter's Howl, Python, and CZ75.
- This is one of three weapons (the others being the M2 Flamethrower and the Colt M1911) that is incapable of dismemberment in Nazi Zombies (without Insta-Kill).