Verruckt, Shi No Numa, Der Riese
Bouncing Betties are featured in all Call of Duty: World at War Nazi Zombies maps, excluding Nacht Der Untoten. They can be purchased off the wall for 1000 points and cannot be retrieved from the Mystery Box. They are very effective on zombies and Hellhounds, but are most effective when used upon groups of zombies.
Many players choose to place their betties together in an area, thus creating a "betty field" as a fall back zone. This can save players from getting trapped, but can also create lots of smoke, obstructing the player's view.
- Easily kill zombies, even up to round 30.
- One Bouncing Betty can kill an entire group of zombies.
- The player gets two Bouncing Betties every round, but can get no more than two.
- There is no maximum to the number of Bouncing Betties on Zombie Verruckt and Shi No Numa.
- Unlike the Claymores of Black Ops the Bouncing Bettys have a full 360 radius to kill zombies.
- Can be obtained on the iPhone/iPod/iPad version of Nacht Der Untoten.
- The main disadvatage is that they take about five seconds to activate.
- If placed too early in a match in a high-traffic zone, they can only kill one zombie, generally wasting the effect.