The Dirty Harry (also known as "Holy Pistol"), is a weapon found in Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Black Ops. It is only available through cheats on the PC version of the games or through hacks on the console versions.
Call of Duty: World at War Edit
The gun is essentially an M1911 that shoots rifle grenades. It fires the same way as the player's pistol does when downed and the Suicide King Death Card is enabled. The player can also acquire it through the developer console on PC.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
In Call of Duty: Black Ops, the Dirty Harry functions similarly to the Call of Duty: World at War version. It can be found by using the "give all" command. Upon entering the command, the user will receive all guns, including two Mustang & Sallies. The first one operates as normal, but upon equipping the second one, the left-hand pistol will disappear and only the right-hand pistol will be visible, although both triggers will fire a grenade. The grenades are invisible, do much less damage than the real Mustang and Sally (requiring multiple grenades to kill a zombie even in the first rounds) and seem to travel a lot slower as well. The weapon has no reload animation or sound.
- In Call of Duty: World at War, the firing sound for the Dirty Harry is the same sound for when a grenade is launched.
- Due to the fact that the Dirty Harry was never meant to be used while standing up, several graphical quirks exist with this weapon. For instance, when sprinting with this weapon, the player holds the weapon down as if they were using an M1 Garand with rifle grenade. The reloading animation is the same for empty and non-empty magazines. Also, from third person, the player appears to throw a grenade whenever the weapon is fired.
- This weapon's name refers to the movie Dirty Harry.
- This variant takes much longer to aim down the sights than the regular variant.
- When the player has this gun out, they cannot melee.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops, firing the Dirty Harry takes much longer for the projectile to reach its target, and the grenades are invisible. Also, the player's arms are not visible, only leaving the gun to see.
- The Dirty Harry is very similar to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfares "'Brick Blaster", as both are modified handguns with several graphical quirks and fire different projectiles than their standard counterparts.