- "Double Tap. Double Tap, Double Tap, Double Tap Root Beer. Root Beer. Gotta get that Double Tap Root Beer!"
- ―Richtofen after buying Double Tap
Double Tap (formerly known as Double Tap Root Beer) is one of the Perk-a-Cola machines featured in the Nazi Zombies maps of Verruckt , Shi No Numa, Der Riese, Kino der Toten, "Five", Call of the Dead , Shangri La , and Moon (thus excluding Nacht Der Untoten, Ascension, and Dead Ops Arcade ). This perk increases fire rate by approximately 30% in all weapons. It costs 2000 points to purchase.
- Double Tap Root Beer is based off the multiplayer Tier 2 perk "Double Tap".
- Bouncing Betties and Claymores are primed faster with Double Tap Root Beer.
- Double Tap causes the upgraded Wunderwaffe DG-2 to become automatic.
- In Black Ops II, Double Tap is replaced by Double Tap II.
Cowboys can't shoot slow or they'll end up below. When they need some help, they reach for the root beer shelf (Yee-haw!). Cowboys can't shoot slow, or they'll end up below, when they need some help, they reach for the root beer shelf. YA THIRSTY PARTNER!?
- This cowboy is not amusing- Richtofen
- Yeah partner, I'm thirsty- Tank
- Thank you comrade cowboy-Nikolai
- Look Ma! Double speed!- Takeo
Shi No Numa - Randomly spawns in one of the four huts.
Der Riese - On the second floor of the automobile garage, next to the bridge.
Call of the Dead - On the boat to the right, on the deck of it.
Moon - On the first floor of the laboratories.