- "Double Tap. Double Tap, Double Tap, Double Tap Root Beer. Root Beer. Gotta get that Double Tap Root Beer!"
- ―Richtofen after buying Double Tap
Double Tap (formerly known as Double Tap Root Beer) is one of the Perk-a-Cola machines featured in the Nazi Zombies maps of Verruckt , Shi No Numa, Der Riese, Kino der Toten, "Five", Call of the Dead , Shangri La , and Moon (thus excluding Nacht Der Untoten, Ascension, and Dead Ops Arcade ). This perk increases fire rate by approximately 30% in all weapons. It costs 2000 points, and is generally considered the most useless perk, as it drains ammo in automatic weapons, especially the PPSH-41. Despite this, many other weapons can benefit from the perk, namely the MP40, STG-44, Trench Gun, BAR, and any semi-automatic rifle. It is recommended to buy this perk after Juggernog and Speed Cola.
- Double Tap Root Beer is based off the multiplayer Tier 2 perk "Double Tap".
- Bouncing Betties and Claymores are primed faster with Double Tap Root Beer.
- Double Tap causes the upgraded Wunderwaffe DG-2 to become automatic.
- It is not recommended to buy this perk if you have weapons that burn ammo quickly or have a high rate of fire.
- Double Tap is apparently not on Ascension.
- In Black Ops II, Double Tap is replaced by Double Tap II See Double Tap II
- This cowboy is not amusing- Richtofen
- Yeah partner, I'm thirsty- Tank
- Thank you comrade cowboy-Nikolai
- Look Ma! Double speed!- Takeo
All Perk Locations:Edit
Shi No Numa - Randomly spawns in one of the four huts.
Der Riese - On the second floor of the automobile garage, next to the bridge.
Call Of The Dead - On the boat to the right, on the deck of it.
Moon - On the first floor of the laboratories.