|Paralyzer||Starting Ammo: Overheats||Max Ammo: Overheats slower||Cost: 950|
The Paralyzer is a Wonder Weapon featured in the Zombies map Buried available from the Mystery Box. Upon firing, it slows and incapacitates zombies in a conical radius before killing them. It has unlimited ammunition, but will overheat with constant use. The overheat meter is located on the gun, as opposed to replacing the ammo counter. Once the meter reaches 115, the Paralyzer must be given time to cool down to 100 on the meter before resuming use, much like the M2 Flamethrower and the Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23. If the Paralyzer is pointed downwards and fired, the player will be propelled into the air for as long as they hold down the trigger. This allows them to reach various rooftops and bypass pathways blocked by wreckage. The player should be cautious when utilizing this technique, as they can still suffer fall damage upon landing. Fall damage can be averted, however, by firing the Paralyzer just before landing. The Paralyzer can also be used to lift other players into the air if the other player jumps whilst in the beam of the paralyzer, however, the weapon will stop firing if the player enters its crosshairs due to friendly fire restrictions. The Paralyzer is an essential part of the Easter Egg Mined Games. When Pack-a-Punched, the Paraylzer becomes the Petrifier. The Petrifier features a slower overheat, allowing the weapon to be fired for roughly ten seconds straight instead of six, as cooling down when the player collects ammo packets.
- It is the third air-based Wonder Weapon, the others being the Thundergun and the Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23. Like the others, it cannot aim down sights.
- It is one of three new Wonder Weapons introduced in Buried, the others being the Ray Gun Mark II and the Time Bomb.
- The overheat limit of 115 is a reference to Element 115.
- If the player flies high enough, they may hear a "bong" sound from hitting the invisible wall at the top of the map. The character using the Paralyzer will comment on it.
- The Paralyzer is held by a side grip, similar to the Death Machine.
- The player cannot go prone with the Paralyzer, nor can they dive.
- The Paralyzer glows purple normally and then glows an orange-red when overheating. The Petrifier glows green and turns multiple colors when over heating.
- The Paralyzer is incapable of directly harming both the giant and the Mistress, but is still capable of slowing them down.