|Path of Sorrows|
| Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
|Cost||500 points (Wall-Buy) (only after gaining access to Samantha's Room)|
The Path of Sorrows (commonly known as the Katana) is a Melee Weapon in Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Black Ops III, usable in Revelations and making appearances in Origins, The Giant, Der Eisendrache, Zetsubou No Shima, and Gorod Krovi, used by Takeo Masaki.
This weapon can be bought as a Wall Weapon (only after completing steps in the "A Better Tomorrow" Easter Egg) for 500 points in Revelations. This weapon also makes an appearance on the other maps featured, used by Takeo Masaki in their opening scenes.
This weapon has high damage, sustaining a one-hit kill until round 42, acting similarly to the Fury's Song.
Wall-Buy Locations Edit
Steps to Unlock Edit
- Collect Wisp in Starting Area (must wait until ready). This is found on one of the truck's headlights.
- Bring the Wisp to the teleporter in the Kino Der Toten section and teleport to The House.
- Place the Wisp on the Mystery Box (not a real one with a candle on top) and it will sink into it.
- Take to Kronorium and head to the Shangri-La section of the map. The Path of Sorrows will then be available at the temple.
There are two sets of Japanese characters on the katana.
- On the blade (鬼肉喰村正). The first three characters mean "Demon flesh eater" (鬼肉喰) and the last two characters are Japanese for "Muramasa" (村正), a famous swordsmith in Japan.
- On the metal sleeve (柾木三郎). The first two characters mean "Masaki" (柾木) and the last two mean "Saburō" (三郎).