|World at War / Black Ops / Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Damage||1000 (Direct hit)|
|Fire Rate||181 RPM|
|Magazine Size||20 rounds|
|Reload Time||3 seconds|
|Cost||950P (Mystery Box)|
- "I don't know who Ray is, but his gun is rip!"
- ―Tank Dempsey
Obtaining the Ray GunEdit
The Ray Gun is found in the Mystery Box (also known as the Random Weapon Box). Ray Guns are given out by chance from the Mystery Box. Using the box costs 950 points. It is most often given out to players who use the Box frequently or to players who use the Box rarely. Due to it being a pistol, many people believe this weapon to be semi-automatic. However, holding down the fire button shows that it is in fact fully automatic, meaning it can be very efficient at killing zombies.
The Ray Gun in Call of Duty: Black Ops can only be obtained in the Mystery Box. As in World at War, Ray Guns are given out by chance. It is still a fully automatic weapon. It is also given out in Black Ops 2. However, through a persistent upgrade a lower ranked/ new person can obtain a ray gun off the wall when buying said gun and ammo for it a few times. Its price is higher than the Mystery Box, however its price makes up for hitting the box continuously trying to obtain it from there.
AppearanceEditThe Ray Gun is crimson in color, and some parts of it are cyan and white. It has some meters on it, and it contains something that appears to be some sort of Red Dot Sight system. Although one exception to this is that it's not a Red Dot, it's a color changing crosshair with the crosshairs meeting in the middle. At the back of the gun, it appears to have a cog-shaped object with three rectangular-shaped bars atop it.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops, the Ray Gun appears exactly the same, though it is more shiny. It uses the same sighting system.
Call of Duty: World at WarEditThe Pack-a-Punched version of the Ray Gun is called "Porter's X2 Ray Gun" and is chrome with engravings, the "ray" is also turned red instead of the usual green. It gains a larger magazine of 40 rounds and deals 2000 damage instead of 1000. It also has the strange liquid (believed to be Element 115) at the front of the top of the gun that the Wunderwaffe DG-2 has.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
When Pack-a-Punched in Call of Duty: Black Ops it is still the "Porter's X2 Ray Gun" and retains 40 shots and the same amount of damage. The laser sight will also change color upon upgrading. On Kino Der Toten, 5, Shi no Numa, Der Riese, Die Rise, Tranzit, Town, Farm, and Moon, you can't buy PhDFlopper, so be careful... there is still splash damage.
- The Ray Gun can be used in Last Stand. This is because it is classified as a pistol.
- The successor to the Ray Gun was added in Call of Duty: Black Ops II through the Vengeance DLC, the gun is know as the Ray Gun Mark II.
- The Ray Gun is not available for the Wii in Call of Duty: World at War. However, it is available on the Wii version of Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- On the PC version of the game, if the player changes the amount of gravity using the command console, you can jump and shoot the Ray Gun at the ground, and it will push you up into the air.
- The Ray Gun can be found in the Campaign level "Little Resistance" on World at War.
- The Pack-A-Punched Ray Gun is one of the few Pack-A-Punched weapons that is a different version of the gun and not an upgrade to it, being Porter's version of it.