Takeo Masaki (Japanese: 正木 武雄) was a soldier of the Imperial Japanese Army. He has appeared in the Call of Duty: World at War Nazi Zombies maps Shi No Numa, Der Riese; Call of Duty: Black Ops maps Kino der Toten, Ascension, Shangri La; and Call of Duty: Black Ops III maps The Giant, Der Eisendrache, Zetsubou No Shima, Gorod Krovi, and Revelations.
Tattooed on the inside of Takeo’s eyelids is the Japanese proverb “Life is light when compared to honor”. For Takeo, life has no meaning if not to perfect one’s discipline and to reveal a warrior’s true character and honor. He ponders this and other philosophical questions as his katana slices through the flesh and sinew of his enemy.
Takeo was born into wealth. His family dynasty dates back several centuries, and throughout that time they have been highly decorated Samurai and Bushi. Takeo is no exception to this celebrated bloodline. When the family first saw the young, life-filled 5 year old Takeo playing in the street with his Katana and slicing the tails off of kittens, they knew he was destined to bring honor to the Masaki name.
The war was a perfect opportunity for Takeo to explore his bloodlust and study the nature of those less honorable than himself. If you fall victim to his swift action and might, know that you have helped a man better than you reach enlightenment.
It has been revealed through the C.I.A. system in the main menu of Call of Duty Black Ops, that Takeo and Tank Dempsey have had their minds wiped by over-exposure to Element 115 and that Richtofen is observing them. Nikolai's status from the mind wipe is unknown but he appears to be unaffected.
Kino Der TotenEdit
- "You kill me? Nooo! I kill you" - upon killing a Zombie attacking the player
- "Oooh, no honor for you!" - upon killing a Zombie
- "Without ammo, I have no honor" - when out of ammo
- "A Picture of the ugly American, Bleugh!" - Looking at Dempsey's Portrait
- "He is SO drunk, I can smell his breath through this portrait!" - Looking at Nikolai's Portrait
- "Ohhh, A picture of a Great Warrior!" - Looking at His own Portrait
- "Honor to the doctor!" - Looking at Richtofen's portrait
- "Maybe what was, is no more, But shall be again!" - Looking at the Blank Portrait
- "A drink that requires a........Mature Pallette" (Spoken - Parrette) - After drinking Quick Revive
- "This...Water, is pure Delight!" - After drinking Juggernog
- "Speed Cola speed up your life." - After drinking Speed Cola
- "I welcome the chance to shoot faster" - After drinking Double Tap Root Beer
- "Look Ma! Double speed!" - After drinking Double Tap Root Beer
- "I have no ammo, I have no honor"-out of ammo
- "For the Emperor"- Knifing a zombie
- "No more meat for you!" - Killing a Zombie
- "A true warrior, needs no weapon!" - when out of ammo
- "Vengence waits for no ammunition!" -when out of ammo
- "By the might of one thousand Wombats.........YOU DIE!" - Getting multiple kills with 1 Frag Grenade
- "May the light of one thousand suns....Purify your souls" - After picking up a Nuke
- "You are VANQUISHED!" - Killing Multiple Zombies Quickly
- Nacht der Untoten (Black Ops only)
- Verrückt (Black Ops only)
- Shi No Numa
- Der Riese
- Kino der Toten
- Call of the Dead (Voice only)
- TranZit (Mentioned)
- Origins (Young)
- Der Eisendrache (Young)
- Zetsubou No Shima (Young)
- Gorod Krovi
- Takeo is the first one of the soldiers to start realizing Richtofen's plans, but continues to act like he is a loyal patron to him.
- Takeo is a Captain, as is shown on his wrist cuff insignia.
- If Tank Dempsey sees Takeo stabbing a zombie to death, he remarks, "You could have just put a smoke into his eye...", referencing to the officer on the campaign mission 'Semper Fi'.
- Edward Richtofen and Takeo Masaki are the only playable Axis soldiers (in single player), not only in World at War, but in all of the Call of Duty series as well.
- On the iPhone version of Nazi Zombies, Takeo's point color is red.
- It is revealed that Takeo may be allergic to prunes, which is a main ingredient in PhD Flopper. In one of his quotes, he states that his eyes water after he drinks PhD Flopper.
- Takeo's memory may be coming back because while waiting at the Pack-A-Punch Machine he says "When I get the chance, I will kill Richtofen for what he's done." This may also be happening to the other characters as well.