|Thundergun||Starting Ammo: 2||Max Ammo: 14||Cost: 950 points|
It can be acquired in the Black ops campaign mission Numbers
The Thundergun is a large cannon-shaped weapon that fires a large blast of compressed air. By harnessing the power of Element 115 in the two capsules located on the top stock of the gun, the Thundergun is able to fire a blast of air that sweeps the general area infront of the shooter clear of zombies. All zombies that are hit with the blast but not killed are knocked backward on their feet and require a few seconds to recuperate giving the user time to get situated before being horded with zombies. The Thundergun holds two round in a magazine and twelve reserve rounds making it a very valuable asset. However, one negative to the disc-like magazine in this weapon is that it is unable to be reloaded untill all rounds have been shot. Because of this, it would be a good idea to empty the magazine before receiving a Max Ammo. The thunder gun is probably the most powerful weapon in zombies. However,the thundergun can only be aquired by the mystery box for 950 points.
|Zeus Cannon||Starting Ammo: 4||Max Ammo: 28||Cost: 5000 points|
The Pack-a-Punched form is called the "Zeus Cannon". It has an increased magazine size of four and carries 24 reserve rounds. It has increased range and radius, now knocking over and slightly damaging zombies off screen. The Thunder Gun is most important during the later rounds as it is useful for clearing large groups of zombies in order to reach a downed teammate or make an escape.
It is often used as a reserve weapon, as it has a low amount of ammunition and has a slow reload. When combined with Speed Cola, it can be used as a great 'run and gun' weapon.
- The "Zeus Cannon" is a reference to the Greek god Zeus.
- The Thundergun is the only Wonder Weapon, when upgraded, that doesn't keep part of its name.
- The Thundergun cannot be manually reloaded; it reloads automatically when the clip is empty.
- The gun has "Osterezheniye" written on its side, which is the wrong spelling in Russian for "Warning." (which correctly is spelled предострежение)
- If some zombies are not hit directly with the aerial blast, it is possible to see them get back up slowly.
- The two red glowing lights on the front of the canister when loaded into the gun indicate how many shots are left in the magazine.
- Richtofen states that this weapon was invented by Ludvig Maxis.
- Only one person can have the Thundergun at a time. However, if the player who has the Thundergun upgrades it to the Zeus Cannon, the Thundergun is once again possible to obtain from the Mystery Box.
- The Thundergun and the Ray Gun are the only Wonder Weapons that can be found in campaign. These are also the only two Wonder Weapons to have an official pick-up icon.
- In a book by Rudolf Lusar called The German Weapons and Secret Weapons of World War Two and Their Development, a weapon very similar to this one is described. It was said to shatter wooden boards at a range of 200 yards by using jets of compressed air. It was also ready to use at an engagement at a bridge over the Elbe in 1945, but was not actually used.
- There is an unusable Thundergun in a metal locker in Five. It is in the same room as the unusable Winter's Howl and Death Machine.
- Killing zombies with the Thundergun can result in the dead zombies twitching on other people's screens, as if they are still alive.
- The third person holding animation does not use the foregrip.
- If the player turns off ragdoll effects, zombies will not fly backwards when shot, just fall as if they were taken out by convenntional weapons.
- If the player looks closely, it is clear that the character actually puts two separate magazines into the gun. This means each clip only has enough power for one shot but when Pack-a-Punched, the clips each hold two shots.
- It is not possible to get power-ups from zombies that are killed from the Thundergun or Zeus Cannon.
- Very rarely the thundergun may glitch so that shooting a zombie with it does nothing.