|World at War / Black Ops|
|Damage||Infinite (Maximum of 24 kills)|
|Fire Rate||60 RPM|
|Magazine Size||3 rounds|
|Reload Time||6 seconds|
|Cost||950P (Mystery Box)|
The Wunderwaffe DG-2 (German for "Wonder Weapon DG-2") is the pinnacle of secret Nazi technology, an electrical Wonder Weapon created by Group 935. It was first introduced in the Shi No Numa, also making other appearances in Der Riese and Call of the Dead through the completion of an Easter egg in the latter. The Wundewaffe DG-2 is one of the most powerful weapons in the game. In maps such as Kino der Toten and Ascension, it has been replaced by The Thunder gun.
The Wunderwaffe was created by Doctor Edward Richtofen a member of Group 935. One of his quotes that confirms he created it is "The Wunderwaffe DG-2! My greatest creation!". The Nazis funded the production of this weapon, they had group 935 make weapons for them because they had neither the funding nor the technology to create it at the time. The problem was that they didn't have the resources to create a supply of the weapon. Packed with a devastating chained electrical current, in-game it has infinite damage, being able to kill ten zombies instantly in a chain of electricity. After the bolt reaches a target, it then jumps to another target, which jumps to another target, and so on to create a chain reaction, with no diminished power. Along with this, the Wunderwaffe has high range making it a great weapon to use on multiple zombies or in an emergency situation. Very few cons come with this gun, though they are a bit severe such as its low ammunition capacity and splash damage that can injure the user and other teammates nearby.
The Wunderwaffe is powered by the three vacum tube bulbs on the its left side, and the player must reload it with new bulbs because the film of metal that conducts the eletricity throughout the circit eventually burn out. The Wunderwaffe starts by firing a bolt of regular electicity, similar to teleporters but when put in the Pack-A-Punch machine, the electricity becoms infused with a massive ammount element 115, making it even more powerful.
The Wunderwaffe does not appear in Kino der Toten. Supposedly, during the battle in Der Reise one of the soldiers fired the Wunderwaffe in a Teleporter as it activated, sending the soldiers into the future and sending the Wunderwaffe also to another place in the future. Proof of this can be heard in a Black Ops exclusive radio message at Shi No Numa between the characters arriving at Kino der Toten.
The Wunderwaffle DG-2 is primarily silver, with a small amount of white. The vacuum tubes are clear and glow white. It is somewhat long, and has six prongs at the end of it. On Black Ops, it has a golden tint to its silver coloring.
In Shi No Numa and Der Riese, the Wunderwaffe DG-2 can only be obtained from the Mystery Box, given out by chance. It is believed that the Wunderwaffe is most often given to players who use the Box rarely or quite frequently during the game, however this has not been confirmed.
In Call of The Dead, Wunderwaffe can be obtained by getting the Lightning Bolt power-up from completing the Original Characters Trapped Easter Egg. The Lightning Bolt is also dropped from killing George A. Romero after the Easter Egg has been completed (otherwise Death Machine is dropped).
Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ Edit
When upgraded via the Pack-a-Punch Machine it becomes the "Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ". This version is purple with elborate engravings. Also, instead of three round magazine, it is replaced with three two-round electric tubes. When used in conjunction with Speed Cola, the DG-3 becomes fully automatic, and the reload time will be drastically reduced. Unfortunately, when the player is shocked even once by the weapon, they may lose their Juggernog effect and if shocked twice they will be a one-hit-kill. This can make the Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ a love it or hate it weapon. In Call of Duty: Black Ops, it becomes completely golden in color, out of the ordinary for Pack-a-Punched weapons.
In World at War the Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ can be used to kill 24 zombies at a time, instead of the regular 10. However, in Black Ops it has been reduced to only kill 10 zombies (the same as the regular Wunderwaffe).
- In English, "Wunderwaffe" means "Wonder Weapon."
- The file name for the Wunderwaffe is "Tesla".
- The Wunderwaffe does not have crosshairs, instead it has a small reticule in the center of the screen.
- The reticule for Flamethrower and the Artillery Strike on 'Little Resistance' are both the same as the WunderWaffe DG-2.
- In Der Riese, one of the radio messages refers the Wunderwaffe. When activated, it replays a conversation between a Doctor Ludwig Maxis and his secretary Sophia. Maxis mentions the German Wonder Weapon, saying "The Wunderwaffe has exceeded beyond the first expectations; And that with a little more testing, the Wunderwaffe could be put into mass production for the troops in the front lines."
- The Wunderwaffe is the only weapon you can use to kill teammates with.
- There is an easter egg in the Hardened Edition of Shi No Numa in Black Ops where you hear the characters wondering where they are, where Richtofen said that the Wunderwaffe DG-2 overloaded and ripped time and space, which could be the reason why they time traveled.
- Even though the Wunderwaffe DG-2 has infinite damage, it will not kill George A. Romero with one shot.